Sophomore Lexie Adzija scored the game-winning goal in the third period to lift the Bobcats over the Colgate Raiders, 2-1, on Friday night. Junior Grace Markey also scored in the win, and senior netminder Abbie Ives tallied 20 in her seventh win of the season.
Quinnipiac 2, Colgate 1
Quinnipiac (9-6-3, 3-5-2 ECAC), Colgate (9-7-3, 3-3-1 ECAC)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- (5:27, 2nd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Colgate 0: Junior Grace Markey scored her first of goal of the season on a fancy tip from senior Kati Tabin and first-year Kate Reilly.
- (13:46, 2nd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Colgate 1: The Raiders tied it up off a goal from Sammy Smigliani. Malia Schneider and Danielle Serdachny recorded assists on the goal.
- (16:15, 3rd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Colgate 1: With under five minutes left in the third period, sophomore Lexie Adzija recovered a turnover in the neutral zone and skated by herself to score the game-winning goal past Colgate's Liz Auby.
- Junior Grace Markey scored her first goal of the season and has tallied four-straight points in the last three games.
- Sophomore Lexie Adzija scored the game-winner in the third period. Adzija has recorded at least one point in seven of the last eight games. She leads the team with 17 points on eight goals and nine assists.
- Senior Kati Tabin and first year Kate Reilly both recorded an assist in the win. They both are second on the team with seven helpers on the season.
- Senior netminder Abbie Ives is now 7-5-3 on the season. She tallied 20 saves in tonight's win and now has 1,764 saves in her career, which ranks second on the program's all-time save list.
- The Bobcats will play the final game of 2019 on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 3 p.m., against No. 4 Cornell.