HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac women's ice hockey team will advance to the Nutmeg Classic Championship Game after defeating the No. 10/10 Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs, 4-2, on Friday afternoon. Senior netminder Abbie Ives recorded a career-high 42 saves in the win. Sophomore Lexie Adzija lead the Bobcats with two goals and one assists for three points, which is the sophomore's third multi-point game of the season.
Quinnipiac 4, Minnesota Duluth 2
Quinnipiac (7-6-3, 2-5-2 ECAC), Minnesota Duluth (7-6-2, 4-4-2 WCHA)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- (7:10, 1st period, PP) – Quinnipiac 1, Minnesota Duluth 0: While on the power play, sophomore Lexie Adzija hit a rocket of a snipe past Minnesota Duluth's Maddie Rooney. Senior Kenzie Prater and first-year Kate Reilly added assists on the goal.
- (9:47, 1st period, EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Minnesota Duluth 1: The Bulldogs answered back in the first period after Jalyn Elmes hit a shot from beyond the right circle and went top-shelf past senior netminder Abbie Ives.
- (2:53, 2nd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Minnesota Duluth 1: Junior Renee Saltness recovered a Minnesota Duluth turnover in the neutral zone and passed to Adzija. Adzija played Saltness back in the offensive zone, and Saltness took the puck and scored off the pipe past Roonie.
- (3:31, 2nd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 3, Minnesota Duluth 1: Sophomore Zoe Boyd got the puck from junior Grace Markey at the point. Boyd shot to the net and senior Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout tipped the puck into the goal.
- (11:15, 3rd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 4, Minnesota Duluth 1: Adzija scored her third point of the game in the third period off a rebounded shot by Coutu-Godbout.
- (11:37, 3rd period, PP) – Quinnipiac 4, Minnesota Duluth 2: The Bulldogs scored on the power play to take the Bobcats' lead to two goals. Ashton Bell scored the power play goal from Gabbie Hughes.
- Adzija had three points on two goals and one assist, which is her first three-point game of the season.
- Ives recorded a career-high 42 saves in the win and improves to 5-5-3 on the season.
- Coutu-Godbout tallied two points for her second multi-point game of the season.
- Prater, Reilly, Boyd, Markey and Peart all added assists in the win.
- Minnesota Duluth out shot Quinnipiac, 44-21.
- Adzija won 16 out of 29 faceoffs (55%).
- Quinnipiac went 1-4 on the power play, and Minnesota Duluth went 1-3.
- Quinnipiac will face the Yale Bulldogs in the Nutmeg Classic Championship game at 4 p.m., on Saturday, Nov. 30.