HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac women's ice hockey team ended the Friday night tilt in a 1-1 tie with the Dartmouth Big Green. First-year Alexa Hoskin scored on the power play, and the Bobcats out shot the Big Green 34-17.
Senior Abbie Ives recorded 16 saves, and Dartmouth's Hannah Humphreys had 33.
Quinnipiac 1, Dartmouth 1 (OT)
Quinnipiac (4-4-2, 0-3-1 ECAC), Dartmouth (1-3-1, 1-2-1 ECAC)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- (10:50, 1st period, PP) – Quinnipiac 1, Dartmouth 0: First-year Alexa Hoskin got the scoring started on a 5-vs-3 power play for Quinnipiac. Hoskin was on the back door and received the puck from sophomore Zoe Boyd. The Belleview, Ontario native lifted her own rebound over Dartmouth's netminder Hannah Humphreys.
- (5:37, 2nd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Dartmouth 1: The Big Green tied the game in the second period with a goal from Bailee Brekke, who skated down the right side from her own zone and shot from the circle past Ives. Celine Pietraszek tallied an assist on the goal.
- The Bobcats out shot Dartmouth 34-17.
- Hoskin scored her second goal of the season in the first period on the power play. Both of her goals this season have been power play goals.
- Ives made 16 saves in the net and moves to 2-4-2 on the season.
- Quinnipiac was perfect on the penalty kill, going 4-4 and allowing five shots.
- The Bobcats tallied seven shots on five power play attempts.
- Boyd and Tabin recorded a helper on Hoskin's goal. Tabin leads the team with five assists on the season.
- Quinnipiac will host Harvard on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 3 p.m. There will be a Skate with the Bobcats after the game.