It was a night of firsts for the Bobcats, as they took down Sacred Heart, 6-0. Four Bobcats scored their first career goals in the win. Redshirt-freshman netminder Logan Angers recorded her first career start, win and shutout. Quinnipiac recorded a season-high 47 shots in the win.
Freshmen Kate Reilly and Kenzie Hauswirth both recorded their first career goals, along with junior Renee Saltness and senior Allison Roethke, who tallied their firsts goals, as well. Junior transfer Taylor Girard recorded her first points as a Bobcat with two assists.
Quinnipiac 6, Sacred Heart 0
Quinnipiac (3-1-1, 0-0-0 ECAC), Sacred Heart (2-5-0, 2-0-0 NEWHA)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- (2:09, 2nd period, EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Sacred Heart: Senior Kati Tabin recovered the puck in the neutral zone and skated toward the goal. She sent the puck across the face of the goal, aiming for junior Renee Saltness. The puck rebounded off a Pioneer, and senior Allison Roethke was there to bury the rebound.
- (11:11, 2nd period, EV) Quinnipiac 2, Sacred Heart: Freshman Kenzie Hauswirth scored her first career goal on a tip off of junior Laura Lundblad's shot.
- (18:15, 2nd period, EV) Quinnipiac 3, Sacred Heart 0: Junior Renee Saltness sniped a shot from the left side off a face-off into the back of the net to put the Bobcats up 3-0. Junior Grace Markey tallied the assist off her face off win.
- (00:39, 3rd period, EV) Quinnipiac 4, Sacred Heart 0: Hauswirth scored her second of the game after beating two Sacred Heart defensemen and back-handing a shot past Frankie Sanchez.
- (8:09, 3rd period, PP) Quinnipiac 5, Sacred Heart 0: Senior Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout scored her second off the season by tipping a shot into the net. Junior Brooke Bonsteel shot from the right side and Coutu-Godbout tipped it in. Junior Taylor Girard added her first assist as a Bobcat.
- (13:59, 3rd period, PP) Quinnipiac 6, Sacred Heart 0: Freshman Kate Reilly scored a power play goal with assists coming from senior Kenzie Prater and Girard.
- Four Bobcats scored their first career goals in the shutout win.
- Angers recorded her first career shutout and win.
- Six Bobcats added assists in the win including Tabin, Lundblad, Bonsteel (2), Markey, Girard (2) and Prater.
- The Bobcats out shot the Pioneers 47-16.
- Angers had 16 saves in the win, and Sacred Heart's Sanchez tallied 41 saves.
- The Bobcats were perfect on the penalty kill and added two power play goals.
- Quinnipiac and Sacred Heart will play once more in Hamden on Saturday, Oct. 26. Puck drop is set for 3 p.m.