The Quinnipiac women's ice hockey team downed the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 5-0, on Saturday afternoon. Four different Bobcats scored in the shutout win. Redshirt freshman Logan Angers recorded her second shutout in her second career start and is the only netminder in program history to do so.
Quinnipiac 5, Sacred Heart 0
Quinnipiac (4-1-1, 0-0-0 ECAC), Sacred Heart (2-6-0, 2-0-0 NEWHA)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- (5:58, 1st period, EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Sacred Heart 0: Freshman Ally Watrous sent a pass to sophomore Lexie Adzija, who attacked the Pioneer's defensive zone with junior Taylor House trailing behind her. Adzija sent the puck back to House who shot it first time past Sacred Heart's Frankie Sanchez to give Quinnipiac the 1-0 lead.
- (8:39, 2nd period, 4v4) Quinnipiac 2, Sacred Heart 0: Senior Kati Tabin secured the puck from freshman Kate Reilly. Tabin skated towards the net and went top-shelf past Sanchez to score her first of the season.
- (12:54, 2nd period, EV) Quinnipiac 3, Sacred Heart 0: Sophomore Lexie Adzija scored her second goal of the season after skating through the Sacred Heart defense and shooting the puck to the top right past Sanchez. Reilly added her second assist of the day on Adzija's goal.
- (13:07, 2nd period, EV) Quinnipiac 4, Sacred Heart 0: Senior Kenzie Prater hit a slap shot from the point, and freshman Sadie Peart tipped it into the net to give the Bobcats a 4-0 lead.
- (12:05, 3rd period, EV) Quinnipiac 4, Sacred Heart 0: House notched her second goal of the game off a pass from freshman Ally Watrous. Watrous recovered the puck from a Sacred Heart defenseman and found House above the crease.
- Four different Bobcats scored in the win.
- House tallied two goals and freshmen Reilly and Watrous recorded two assists each.
- Adzija led the team with six shots on goal.
- Four Bobcats tallied assists in the win including Adzija, Watrous, Prater and Reilly.
- Angers made 14 saves in the shutout win.
- The Bobcats out shot the Pioneers 47-14.
- Quinnipiac stayed clean on the penalty kill for the second game in a row.
- Quinnipiac will open ECAC play at Princeton on Tuesday, Oct. 29. Puck drop is set for 6 p.m.