ORONO, Maine – Freshman Sadie Peart scored her first career goal and the game-winning goal in overtime to send the Bobcats past the Black Bears, 3-2, on Friday, Oct. 11. In addition, sophomore Lexie Adzija scored her first goal of the season and senior Abbie Ives tallied 16 saves.
Despite taking three penalties in the first period, the Bobcats came out of the first 20 minutes with a 2-1 lead. Maine would tie the game in the second period, 2-2. Neither team would score in the third, and the game went into extra time. Peart tipped in a shot by senior Kenzie Prater to give Quinnipiac the overtime victory with less than one minute left in extra time.
Quinnipiac 3, Maine 2 (OT)
Quinnipiac (2-1-0, 0-0-0 ECAC), Maine (2-1-0, 0-0-0 Hockey East)
Harold Alfonso Sports Arena | Orono, Maine
- (8:20, 1st period, EV) – Quinnipiac 0, Maine 1: The Black Bears got the scoring started in the first period. Maddie Giordano scored for Maine off a rebounded shot by Liga Miljone.
- (15:11, 1st period, PP) Quinnipiac 1, Maine 1: Freshman Sadie Peart scored her first career goal on the Bobcats power play. Freshman Kate Reilly passed the puck to senior Kati Tabin, who took a shot from the left side. Peart was in front of the net and tipped the shot in past Maine's Carly Jackson.
- (15:21, 1st period, EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Maine 1: Ten seconds later, freshman Alexa Hoskin took a faceoff and sent the puck to sophomore Lexie Adzija, who shot first time from the middle and sent the puck top-shelf past Jackson.
- (19:30, 2ndperiod, PP) – Quinnipiac 2, Maine 3: The Black Bears took the lead with 30 seconds left in the second period on the power play. Giordano scored off a rebound; Ella MacLena and Miljone tallied assists.
- (4:03, OT, PP) – Quinnipiac 3, Maine 2: Prater hit a shot from the top of the left side, and Peart tipped in the game-winning goal and her second of the game.
- Peart scored her first goal of the season, along with the game-winning in overtime.
- Adzija tallied her first goal of the season and now has three points through the first three games.
- Freshman Kate Reilly added two assists for her first points of the season.
- Senior Kati Tabin and freshman Alexa Hoskin also added helpers.
- The Bobcats recorded 33 shots, which is a season-high, as compared to Maine's 18.
- Quinnipiac went 2-8 on the power play, and Maine went 1-5.
- The Bobcats won 55% of the faceoffs.
- Quinnipiac and Maine will meet once more on Saturday, Oct. 12 for a 1:30 p.m. puck drop in Orono.