ALBANY, N.Y. - ECAC Hockey has announced the finalists for the 2018-19 Mandi Schwartz Student-Athlete of the Year award. The award recognizes a leader from all 12 ECAC Hockey programs who has demonstrated excellence both on and off the ice.
Players nominated for this prestigious award must maintain a 3.5 GPA, while also making an impact with their play on the ice. Many of the finalists listed below have also gone above and beyond their requirements as a student-athlete, volunteering in the community and making an impact as campus leaders.
The following students have been honored as finalists for the 2018-19 Mandi Schwartz Student-Athlete of the Year award:
- Brown: Abby Niewchas (Sr. / Cochrane, Alb.)
- Clarkson: Emma Keenan (Sr. / Calgary, Alb.)
- Colgate: Bailey Larson (Sr. / Sycamore, Ill.)
- Cornell: Diana Buckley (Sr. / Woodbridge, Va.)
- Dartmouth: Christina Rombaut (Jr. / Rothesay, N.B.)
- Harvard: Kate Hallet (Sr. / Edina, Minn.)
- Princeton: Stephanie Sucharda (Sr. / Mississauga, Ont.)
- Quinnipiac: Mackenzie Lancaster (Sr. / Waxhaw, N.C.)
- RPI: Lovisa Selander (Sr. / Sollentuna, Sweden)
- St. Lawrence: Kalie Grant (Jr. / Potsdam, N.Y.)
- Union: Arianna Kosakowski (Sr. / Ashburnham, Mass.)
- Yale: Julia Yetman (Sr. / Pierrefonds, Quebec)
The 2018-19 Mandi Schwartz Student-Athlete of the Year will be announced on Friday, March 8 at the ECAC Hockey Women’s Championship Banquet.
For daily updates on ECAC Hockey news, stories, awards, and more, be sure to following @ecachockey on Twitter, ecachockey on Instagram, and like the ECAC Hockey Facebook page.