HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac women's ice hockey dropped the second non-conference matchup against Maine, 3-0, on Saturday, Oct. 6. The Bobcats will play two non-conference games against Vermont next weekend before opening ECAC play against Brown on Friday, Oct. 26.
Quinnipiac 0 / Maine 3
Quinnipiac (0-4-0) / Maine (2-0-0)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- (3:53, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 0, Maine 1: Maine's Liga Miljone scored her first goal of the season after a scramble by the goal. Miljone turned with the puck in front of Quinnipiac's goal to send the shot into the back of the net.
- (10:22, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 0, Maine 2: The Black Bears scored a short-handed goal halfway through the second period. Tereza Vanisova secured the puck in Maine's defensive zone and carried it all the way to the offensive zone. With a sharp cut around Allison Small, Vanisova scored her third of season to take the Black Bears up, 2-0.
- (15:53, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 0, Maine 3: Maine found their third goal of the day off a rebounded clear to the goal. With an interesting bounce, the puck fell right to Maine's Michelle Weis, who was able to tap in the third goal.
- Small tallied 21 saves in the loss. The sophomore goaltender moves to 0-2-0 on the season.
- Maine went 0-1 on the power play, while Quinnipiac saw numerous chances on the power play but went 0-5.
- The Bobcats stayed out of the box with only one penalty serving two minutes against the Black Bears. Maine tallied five penalties and served 10 minutes in the box.
Quinnipiac hits the road to face Vermont for two games starting on Friday, Oct. 12 through Saturday, Oct. 13 in Burlington.