POTSDAM, N.Y. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats fell in overtime to the Clarkson Golden Knights, 4-3, in game two of the ECAC Quarterfinals. Clarkson will move on the semifinals next week. The Bobcats finished the season with a 12-18-6 overall record.
Seniors Kenzie Lancaster, Randi Marcon, Melissa Samoskevich, Kate MacKenzie and Anna Kilponen all played their final career games. The forwards – Lancaster, Marcon and Samoskevich – all scored today. Samoskevich and Marcon both had an assist as well for two points each.
Samoskevich finished her career as a Bobcat with 109 points (54g, 55a). She now ranks third in goals, fifth in assists and fourth in points on the program's individual career records list. Samoskevich is tied for 14th on the career games played list (144) and Marcon is 19th with 140 games played.
Kenzie Lancaster finished her senior campaign with 21 assists, which ranks fifth on the program's individual single-season list.
All three seniors finished the season leading the Bobcats in scoring - Lancaster led the team with 25 points (4g, 21a), Samoskevich tallied 23 points (13g, 10a) and Marcon recorded 18 points (12g, 6a).
Junior netminder Abbie Ives finished the season with 676 saves, which ranks fifth on the program's individual single-season records list. Her .924 save percentage ranks ninth on the program's single-season records list. Ives' six shutouts rank seventh on the individual single-season records list.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 3, #5 Clarkson Golden Knights 4 | Overtime
Quinnipiac (12-18-6) / Clarkson (27-7-2)
Potsdam, N.Y. | Cheel Arena
- (8:30, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 0, Clarkson 1: Clarkson's Elizabeth Giguere passed the puck backwards as she skated past the left side of Quinnipiac's goal. Her pass went back to Loren Gabel who scored on her own rebound.
- (14:57, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Clarkson 1: Senior Kenzie Lancaster scored to tie the game in the first after a two-on-one rush with senior Melissa Samoskevich. Senior Randi Marcon also assisted on the play.
- (18:15, 1st period PP) – Quinnipiac 1, Clarkson 2: Giguere scored her second point of the game off a slap shot from the right point on the Golden Knights' power play.
- (1:17, 2nd period PP) – Quinnipiac 2, Clarkson 2: The Bobcats tied the game again as Marcon deflected a shot from sophomore Taylor House past Clarkson's Kassidy Sauve.
- (17:39, 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 3, Clarkson 2: After a turnover from Clarkson's T.T. Cianfarano, Samoskevich skated downt the left side to a one-on-one with Sauve and netted her 13th goal of the season.
- (19:59, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 3, Clarkson 3: Gabel scored her second of the game with one second left to tie the score, 3-3, and force overtime.
- (11:45, 4th period EV) – Quinnipiac 3, Clarkson 4: Giguere scored the game-winner off a wrister from the left side.
- Ives recorded 34 save in the game.
- The senior first liners all score: Kenzie Lancaster, Randi Marcon and Melissa Samoskevich all netted one goal in their final career game.
- House, Marcon and Samoskevich all tallied an assist.
- Quinnipiac and Clarkson both won 34 faceoffs out of 68.
- Both teams scored a power play goal.