POTSDAM, N.Y. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats capped the regular season finale with a 1-1 tie against #5 Clarkson at Cheel Arena. The Bobcats took sixth place in the final ECAC standings and will face the three seed Clarkson again next weekend in a best-of-three playoff series.
Senior Randi Marcon scored her 11th goal of the year and increased her point streak to eight games. Junior Abbie Ives recorded 26 saves in the tie.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 1, #5 Clarkson Golden Knights 1 | Overtime
Quinnipiac (12-16-6, 9-9-4 ECAC) / Clarkson (25-7-2, 16-5-2 ECAC)
Potsdam, N.Y. | Cheel Arena
- (13:41, 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 0, Clarkson 1: Elizabeth Giguere scored for the Golden Knights in the second period from Michael Pejzlova and Emma Keenan.
- (14:56, 3rd period PP)– Quinnipiac 1, Clarkson 1: Senior Randi Marcon scored the equalizer for the Bobcats after senior Kenzie Lancaster secured her own blocked shot and sent the puck to Clarkson's Kassidy Sauve. Marcon was right above the crease and was able to bury the rebounded save.
- Ives recorded 26 saves in the tie and moves to 12-13-6 this season.
- Marcon has tallied at least one point in eight straight games. She has scored 11 goals this season with five assists for 16 points. She is currently on a three-game goal streak.
- Lancaster tallied the one helper in the game and has recorded at least one assist in the last eight games.
- Lancaster leads the team with 21 assists on the season.
- The shots were fairly even in the tie. The Golden Knights recorded 27 shots and the Bobcats had 26.
The Bobcats will circle back to Potsdam next weekend to face Clarkson in the first round of ECAC playoffs. The Golden Knights finished third overall and the Bobcats took sixth.