HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats secured a spot in the ECAC playoffs with a 5-0 win over the Union Dutchwomen. Sophomore Taylor House netted two goals in the win, and senior Melissa Samoskevich, junior Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout and senior Randi Marcon all scored in the win.
Ives faced a season-low 10 shots and recorded her sixth shutout of the year. The Bobcats recorded a season-high 13 points and 53 shots in the win.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 5, Union Dutchwomen 0
Quinnipiac (12-16-4, 9-9-2 ECAC) / RPI (4-26-2, 2-17-1 ECAC)
Hamden, Conn. | Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena
- (00:52, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Union 0: Coutu-Godbout sent a pass across the front of the goal from the left corner to sophomore Taylor House, who buried the puck past Union's netminder Amelia Murray.
- (11:41, 1st period EV)– Quinnipiac 2, Union 0: Senior Kenzie Lancaster secured the puck from senior Kate MacKenzie on the left side in the Bobcats' offensive zone. Lancaster shot at Murray who save it, but senior Melissa Samoskevich was there on the back side to send the rebound into the back of the net.
- (07:09, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 3, Union 0: Coutu-Godbout scored her second point of the day with a lucky bounce off a Union defenseman.
- (00:47, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 4, Union 0: House scored her second off the day off a rebounded shot from sophomore Olivia Konigson.Freshman Lexie Adzija also assisted on the goal.
- (10:15, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 5, Union 0: Senior Randi Marcon scored right in front of the net after a solid pass from senior Anna Kilponen. Lancaster also tallied her second assist of the day on the play.
- Ives faced only 10 shots on the day and recorded her sixth shutout of the season. The Bobcats allowed zero goals on the weekend.
- House, Coutu-Godbut and Lancaster all recorded two points in the win.
- Marcon recorded her sixth point in five consecutive games. The senior now has nine goals and five assists on the year for 14 points.
- Freshman Lexie Adzija tallied an assist and has recorded at least one point in the last six games.
- Lancaster leads the team with 18 assists on the season.
- The Bobcats outshot the Engineers, 53-10.
The Bobcats will finish the regular season with a trip to the North Country to take on Clarkson and St. Lawrence on Feb. 22-23.