HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats shutout the RPI Engineers, 4-0, on Friday night. Senior Melissa Samoskevich led the way with two goals in the win. Sophomore Grace Markey and junior Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout also scored for the Bobcats.
The Bobcats allowed only 14 shots, which ties the season-low in conference play. Senior Randi Marconand freshman Lexie Adzija recorded their fifth straight game with at least one point each.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 4, RPI Engineers 0
Quinnipiac (11-16-4, 8-9-2 ECAC) / RPI (12-14-5, 9-9-1 ECAC)
Hamden, Conn. | Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena
- (3:02, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, RPI 0: Junior Kenzie Lancaster sent the puck back to the top of the blue line to sophomore Olivia Konigson in the Bobcats' offensive zone. Konigson passed to senior Melissa Samoskevich on the right side who scored to give the Bobcats a 1-0 lead.
- (9:05, 1st period EV)– Quinnipiac 2, RPI 0: Junior Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout scored after a pass down the left side from sophomore Taylor House. RPI's netminder, Lovisa Selander, mishandled the redirection behind the goal and Coutu-Godbout was there to bury the puck into the empty net.
- (12:50, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 3, Brown 0: Freshman Lexie Adzija sent the puck to sophomore Laura Lundblad up the left side. Lundblad skated down to the corner and passed to sophomore Grace Markey, who was near the left post. Markey chipped the puck past Selander to give the Bobcats the 3-0 lead.
- (10:55, 2nd period PP) – Quinnipiac 4, RPI 0: Senior Randi Marcon passed to Lancaster in the middle of the Bobcats' offensive zone. Lancaster sent a backwards pass to Samoskevich, who buried the pass and recorded her second goal of the game.
- Ives tallied 14 saves in her fifth shutout of the season and 10th in her career.
- Samoskevich and Lancaster led the team in points with two each.
- Marcon recorded her fifth point in five consecutive games. The senior now has eight goals and five assists on the year for 13 points.
- Freshman Lexie Adzija tallied an assist and has recorded at least one point in the last five games.
- Lancaster, Marcon, Konigson, House, Lundblad and Adzija all recorded an assist in the win.
- Lancaster now leads the team with 16 assists on the season.
- The Bobcats outshot the Engineers, 41-14.
- Out of the 37 faceoffs taken between Adzija and Marcon, the pair won 25 (67%). As a team, the Bobcats won 62% of all faceoffs.
Quinnipiac will honor the team's five seniors on Saturday, Feb. 16 for Senior Day. Puck drop is set for 3 p.m., against the Union Dutchwomen.