PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats downed the Brown Bears, 4-2, with four different Quinnipiac skaters scoring. Senior Randi Marcon netted her fourth consecutive goal in four games. Freshman Zoe Boyd, sophomore Taylor House and junior Kenzie Prateralso all recorded one goal each in the win. Junior Abbie Ives tallied 20 saves in the win.
Marcon now has eight goals on the season for a new career season high. Boyd also tallied an assist for her second-multi point game of the season.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 4, Brown Bears 2
Quinnipiac (10-16-4, 7-9-2 ECAC) / Brown (5-18-2, 2-14-2 ECAC)
Providence, R.I. | Meehan Auditorium
- (4:51, 1st period PP) – Quinnipiac 1, Brown 0: Freshman Zoe Boyd received a pass from senior Melissa Samoskevich on the Bobcats' power play and hit a one-timer past Brown's Hayley Kliczko. Senior Kenzie Lancaster also tallied a helper on the goal.
- (17:21, 1st period EV)– Quinnipiac 2, Brown 0: Junior Kenzie Prater hit a shot from the top of the left side that found its way past Kliczko through multiple skaters by the crease. Boyd and junior Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout both recorded an assist on the play.
- (8:35, 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 3, Brown 0: Freshman Lexie Adzija won a faceoff in the Bobcats' offensive zone and passed to sophomore Taylor House on the back door, who finished the easy tap-in goal.
- (10:55, 2nd period PP) – Quinnipiac 3, Brown 1: Brown's Lizzy Gross poked the puck through junior Abbie Ives' glove to give the Bears their first goal.
- (00:21, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 4, Brown 1: Senior Randi Marcon scored by redirecting junior Kati Tabin's shot from the point in the Bobcats' offensive zone.
- (7:27, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 4, Brown 2: Shay Maloney scored the second goal for Brown from Sena Hanson and Tina Paolillo.
- Ives tallied 20 saves in the loss.
- Marcon scored her fourth goal in four consecutive games. The senior now has eight goals and four assists on the year for 12 points.
- Freshman Lexie Adzija tallied an assist and has recorded at least one point in four of the last five games.
- Coutu-Godbout, Samoskevich, Lancaster, Tabin, Boyd and Adzija all added one assist each.
- Lancaster leads the team with 15 assists on the season.
- The Bobcats outshot the Bears 31-22.
Quinnipiac will return home for the final regular season home series against RPI and Union Feb. 15-16.