NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats skated to a 2-2 tie on Friday night against the Yale Bulldogs. Freshman Lexie Adzija and senior Randi Marcon scored for the Bobcats, both recording their third goal in three straight games. Junior Abbie Ives had 24 saves in the tie.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 2, Yale Bulldogs 2
Quinnipiac (9-16-4, 6-9-2 ECAC) / Yale (7-15-2, 6-9-2 ECAC)
New Haven, Conn. | Ingalls Rink
- (8:38, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Yale 0: Freshman Lexie Adzija found the loose puck after a pileup by the crease and shot the puck past Yale's Tera Hofmann. Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout tallied the helper.
- (19:42, 1st period PP)– Quinnipiac 1, Yale 1: With 18 seconds left in the first period, Emma Vlasic scored a breakout power play goal to tie the game 1-1 from Tabea Botthof.
- (1:39, 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Yale 1: Senior Randi Marcon secured the puck from senior Kenzie Lancaster on the blue line and passed to junior Kati Tabin. Tabin sent the puck back to Marcon, who was above the crease. Marcon was able to bury her own rebounded shot past Hofmann.
- (12:59, 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Yale 2: Rebecca Foggia skated by herself on the left side past the Bobcat defense and scored off the post to tie the game.
- Ives tallied 24 saves in the loss.
- Adzija and Marcon both tallied their third goals in three straight games. Together, the senior and freshman have totaled seven points in the last three games. They each have recorded seven goals on the season.
- Coutu-Godbout, Samoskevich, Lancaster and Tabin all added one assist each.
- Lancaster leads the team with 14 assists on the season.
- The Bobcats outshot the Bulldogs 36-26.
- Quinnipiac won 57% of the faceoffs.
Quinnipiac will travel to Brown on Saturday, Feb. 9 to face the Bears at 3 pm in Providence, R.I.