SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – The Harvard women's hockey team (9-11-3, 7-8-2 ECAC Hockey) upended Union (3-24-2, 1-15-1 ECAC Hockey) 5-0 on Friday night at Messa Rink. Twelve different players highlighted the scoresheet, while Beth Larcom made 22 saves in net.
Becca Gilmore led the Crimson with two points while 11 other players found their way onto the scoresheet. Dominique Petrie and Becca Gilmore extended their point streaks to four games apiece while Anne Bloomersnapped a 12-game scoring drought. Sydney Sorkinrecorded her first assist of the season and Kate Glovertied her point total from last season with an assist on Jovanovich's tally in the first.
Kristin Della Rovere cracked the scoreboard first at 8:43 of the opening frame and the Crimson never looked back. Brooke Jovanovich scored her third goal in two games on a rebound out front from linemate Becca Gilmore at 12:32 of the first. Anne Bloomer got herself on the board with a quick chip out front at 15:48 to send the Crimson into the first intermission with a 3-0 lead.
Harvard continued the onslaught in the opening minutes of the second period when Dominique Petrie went in alone and scored a short-handed goal at 4:13. Harvard made its final statement of the night at 6:56 of the middle frame when Keely Moy clipped a rocket from Sydney Sorkin, putting the sophomore defenseman on the box score for the first time this season.
The Dutchwomen did not go down without a fight, getting a goal back at 5:01 of the third off a bounce in the crease. The Crimson maintained a strong game through the final minutes, sealing the score at 5-1.
- Harvard's third line of Brooke Jovanovich, Dominique Petrie and Becca Gilmore totaled four points, having now accumulated 15 points in just three games played together.
- Becca Gilmore and Dominique Petrie extended their point streaks to four games apiece.
- Twelve different players tallied points in tonight's game.
- Special teams were clicking, as Kristin Della Rovere scored a power-play goal and Dominique Petrie lit the lamp short-handed.
- Harvard extends its unbeaten streak to four-games, including its Tuesday win over No. 7/7 Boston College.
- Harvard outshot Union 38-23.
- The Crimson went 1-3 on the power-play while shutting down all three of Union's opportunities.
Harvard returns to the ice tomorrow, Feb. 9, to take on Rensselaer at 3 p.m.