HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats dropped an ECAC matchup against St. Lawrence on Saturday afternoon at the People's United Center. Freshman Lexie Adzija led the Bobcats with a goal and an assist, and Sarah-Eve Coutu Godbout, Brooke Bonsteel and Randi Marcon also scored for Quinnipiac in the 5-4 loss.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 4, St. Lawrence Saints 5
Quinnipiac (9-16-3, 6-9-1 ECAC) / St. Lawrence (13-12-3, 8-6-2 ECAC)
Hamden, Conn. | Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena
- (5:15, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, St. Lawrence 0: Freshman Lexie Adzija patiently skated at the top of the offensive zone and drop the puck to junior Kenzie Prater. Prater took a slap shot on the left side and junior Sarah-Eva Coutu-Godbout was on the back door ready to bury the rebounded save.
- (7:06, 1st period 4v4)– Quinnipiac 1, St. Lawrence 1: As both teams had one skater in the box, St. Lawrence's Amanda Butterfield secured the loose puck on the left side and took a shot from above the circle that found its way past junior Abbie Ives.
- (15:50, 1st period EV)– Quinnipiac 1, St. Lawrence 2: The Saints capitalized on a Bobcat turnover as Kayla Nielsen scored right in front of the crease to take the 2-1 lead.
- (6:27, 2nd period EV)– Quinnipiac 2, St. Lawrence 2: Brooke Bonsteel netted her third of the year from Laura Lundbladto tie the game.
- (7:23, 2nd period EV)– Quinnipiac 2, St. Lawrence 3: The Saints scored on a three-on-two after Kayla Vespa drove down the right side and sent a cross-ice pass to Justine Reyes who sent it first time past Ives.
- (10:18, 2nd period EV)– Quinnipiac 2, St. Lawrence 4: St. Lawrence scored its second goal of the period after a rebounded save that went right to Kayla Nielsen, who buried her own rebound.
- (12:36, 2nd period EV)– Quinnipiac 2, St. Lawrence 5: Nadine Edney sent a cross-ice pass to Reyes on the Saints' breakout. Reyes found Claire Dudley who sent the puck past Ives.
- (14:52, 3rd period PP)– Quinnipiac 3, St. Lawrence 5: Senior Kenzie Lancaster received a pass from senior Melissa Samoskevich in the corner. Lancaster sent the puck to the goal at a parallel angle below the circle. The shot hit senior Randi Marcon's skate and bounced in past St. Lawrence's Grace Harrison.
- (19:58, 3rd period EV)– Quinnipiac 4, St. Lawrence 5: Adzija scored in the last 2.8 second of the game to get the Bobcats within one goal of the Saints, but the visiting team would hold on to win 5-4.
- Ives tallied 15 saves in the loss.
- Adzija tallied a goal and an assist in the loss and finished the weekend with three points on two goals and an assist.
- Bonsteel recorded two points on the weekend with a goal today and an assist on Friday, Feb. 1 against Clarkson.
- Marcon also notched two points through two games on the weekend.
- The Bobcats outshot the Saints 44-20. In the third period, Quinnipiac outshot St. Lawrence 18-3.
- Quinnipiac went 1-3 on the power play, and St. Lawrence went 0-1.
- Adzija continued her solid play as a center, winning 16 of 26 faceoffs. As a team, the Bobcats won 60% of the faceoffs.
Quinnipiac will travel to Brown and Yale next weekend to continue conference play. The first game is Friday, Feb. 8 at Yale.