NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Union College women's hockey team fell to ECAC rival Yale, 4-2, Saturday night at Ingalls Rink.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless opening period, the Bulldogs broke the deadlock 7:28 into the second period.
- Union drew level with 2:11 remaining in the second period after sophomore forward Makayla Mori found junior forward Rachel de Perio in front of the net for the finish.
- With 12 seconds remaining in the second frame, the Dutchwomen took a 2-1 lead after first-year forward Katie Sonntag scored off feeds from senior defenseman Arianna Kosakowski and junior forward Katelynn Russ.
- Yale score three unanswered goals in the third period to put the game out of reach.
- In net, junior goaltender Amelia Murray accounted for 41 saves for Union.
The Dutchwomen return to the ice Tuesday, Jan. 29, facing RPI in the second annual Mayor's Cup at the Times Union Center at 4:00 p.m. (ET).