DULUTH, Minn. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats defeated the Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs, 2-1, on Saturday afternoon led by sophomores Taylor House and Laura Lundblad with one goal each. Junior Abbie Ives recorded 31 saves in the win.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 2, Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs 1
Quinnipiac (9-14-3, 6-7-1 ECAC) / Minnesota Duluth (11-11-2, 7-7-2 WCHA)
- (3:59, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 0, Minnesota Duluth 1: Anna Klein scored for the Bulldogs with 16 minutes left in third period off a rebounded shot that sailed up in the air. Klein swatted the puck at hip-level into the back of the net.
- (11:13, 3rd period EV)– Quinnipiac 1, Minnesota Duluth 1: Sophomore Taylor House scored her sixth goal of the year on the Bobcats' power play off a pass from junior Kenzie Prater on the right side back door.
- (11:32, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Minnesota Duluth 1: Sophomore Laura Lundblad netted the game-winning goal nine seconds after House's goal to give the Bobcats the lead. Lundblad scored her third of the season from sophomores Grace Markey and Brooke Bonsteel.
- Ives recorded 31 saves and moves to 9-11-3 on the season.
- House scored her sixth goal of the year and now has nine points on the season.
- Lundblad scored the game-winning goal nine seconds after House netted the first Bobcat goal. The sophomore forward scored her third of the season from Markey and Bonsteel.
- Senior Melissa Samoskevich recorded an assist in the win.
- The shots were fairly even between both teams with Minnesota Duluth outshooting Quinnipiac 32-32.
Quinnipiac will return home to face Clarkson after nine road games. The Bobcats and Golden Knights will play on Friday, Feb. 1 at 6 p.m. in Hamden, Conn.