DULUTH, Minn. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats dropped the first of two games against the University of Minnesota Duluth in a 3-1 loss. Freshman Lexie Adzija scored for the Bobcats and junior netminder Abbie Ivesrecorded 26 saves.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 1, Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs 3
Quinnipiac (8-14-3, 6-7-1 ECAC) / Minnesota Duluth (11-10-2, 7-7-2 WCHA)
- (10:01, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Minnesota Duluth 0: Freshman Lexie Adzija scored her fourth goal of the season unassisted to give the Bobcats the opening goal. After a strong individual effort to win the puck back in the offensive zone, Adzija skated past the Duluth defense and shot from at the crease past Duluth's netminder Maddie Rooney.
- (6:02 2nd period extra attacker) – Quinnipiac 1, Minnesota Duluth 1: Minnesota Duluth's Lizi Norton tied the game off a shot from the left side with an extra attacked on the ice for the Bulldogs after a delayed penalty call against the Bobcats.
- (13:48: 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Minnesota Duluth 3: Kylie Hanley scored off a pass from Ryleigh Houston who sent the puck across the face of the goal and to the back door to give the Bulldogs a 3-1 lead.
- Ives recorded 26 saves and moves to 8-11-3 on the season.
- Adzija scored her fourth goal of the season and now has 10 points in her first collegiate season.
- The Bobcats served four minutes in the box and the Bulldogs stayed clean with zero penalties on the day.
- Minnesota Duluth outshot Quinnipiac 29-24.
- Adzija was solid on the faceoff, winning 13 out of 15. As a team, the Bobcats won 30 of the 53 faceoffs.
The Bobcats will face the Bulldogs once more for the final non-conference game of the season. Puck drop is set for 3:07 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26 at Amsoil Arena.