Shelton, Conn. – The Quinnipiac women's hockey team defeated the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 2-1, on Friday night. Sophomore Laura Lundblad and senior Melissa Samoskevich scored for the Bobcats. Samoskevich recorded her 100th career point in the win with 50 goals and 50 assists throughout her four year career.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 2, Sacred Heart Pioneers 1
Quinnipiac (8-13-3, 6-7-1 ECAC) / Sacred Heard (15-5-3, 4-2-2 NEWHA)
- (5:41, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Sacred Heart 0: Sophomore Brooke Bonsteel won a faceoff in the Bobcats' offensive zone on the right side. Sophomore Laura Lundblad secured the puck at a difficult angle parallel to the goal. Lundblad shot the puck at Sacred Heart's Sarah Erban, who let the shot into the back of the net off her right skate.
- (16:06: 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Sacred Heart 0: Senior Melissa Samoskevich recorded her 100th career point on a snipe by the right circle in the Bobcats' offensive zone. Junior Kati Tabin and senior Randi Marcon tallied assists on the goal.
- (1:17: 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Sacred Heart 1: scored for the Pioneers on a shot that went top shelf past Abbie Ives in the beginning of the third period.
- Ives recorded 11 saves in the win.
- Samoskevich scored her 100th career point against the Pioneers on a goal in the second period. Samoskevich has recorded 50 goals and 50 assists in her four-year career. She now has nine goals and five assists on the season for 14 points.
- Lundblad scored her second goal of the season.
- Quinnipiac stayed out of the penalty box against Sacred Heart. The Bobcats went 0-2 on the power play.
- The Bobcats outshot the Pioneers 34-12.
The Bobcats will travel to Minnesota next weekend to face the Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs for two games Jan. 25-26.