SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – The Union College women's hockey team came up short against ECAC Hockey rival #6 Clarkson, 6-0, Saturday afternoon at Messa Rink.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Golden Knights jumped out to an early 1-0 lead 4:36 into the opening period after the puck deflected off a Union defenseman's skate and went into the bottom corner.
- Following a Dutchwomen power play, the puck was cleared right to a Clarkson forward who scored a one-on-one chance to give the Golden Knights a 2-0 edge midway through the second period.
- The visitors then scored two goals in a minute-span to take a 4-0 lead with 7:12 left in the second, then added another goal with 1:51 left to take a 5-0 edge into the final 20 minutes.
- Clarkson made it 6-0 with 8:02 remaining in the third period to wrap up the victory.
- In net for Union, sophomore goaltender Coco Francis and junior goaltender Amelia Murraycombined for 34 saves.
The Dutchwomen return to the ice Friday, Jan. 18, traveling to face RPI in Troy with the puck drop set for 6:00 p.m. (ET).