ITHACA, N.Y. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats dropped a tight 2-1 battle against #4 Cornell on Saturday afternoon. Junior Kati Tabin scored for the Bobcats on a 4v4 sequence from seniors Melissa Samoskevich and Kenzie Lancaster. Abbie Ives recorded 33 saves in the net.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 1, Cornell Big Red 2
Quinnipiac (7-13-3, 6-7-1 ECAC) / Cornell (9-2-5, 7-2-1 ECAC)
Lynah Rink | Ithaca, N.Y.
- (6:05, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 0, Cornell 1: Kendra Nealey took a shot at the top of Cornell's offensive zone and Joie Phelps where there to tap in the rebound to give the Big Red the 1-0 lead.
- (17:12: 1st period 4v4) – Quinnipiac 1, Cornell 1: Junior Kati Tabin scored her fourth of the year from seniors Melissa Samoskevich and Kenzie Lancaster. Samoskevich skated across the ice on the Bobcats' offensive zone and sent it backwards to Tabin, who shot it past Cornell's Marlene Boissonnault.
- (17:12: 3rd period 4v4) – Quinnipiac 1, Cornell 2: Cornell's Kristin O'Neill secured the puck on a 2-on-1 in the neutral zone and sent a pass across the ice to Maddie Mills. Mills skated towards Abbie Ives and scored.
- Ives recorded 33 saves in the loss.
- Tabin netted her fourth goal of the year and now has ten points on four goal and six assists.
- Samoskevich recorded her fifth assist of the season for 12 points on the year. She now has 99 points in her career.
- Freshman Lexie Adzija won 13 out of 15 faceoffs.
- Quinnipiac was perfect on the penalty kill, giving up just four shots on four of Cornell's power plays.
The Bobcats will face Sacred Heart on Friday, Jan. 18 in Shelton, Conn.