SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – The Union College women's hockey team fell 4-2 to ECAC Hockey foe St. Lawrence, Friday night at Messa Rink.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints took a 1-0 lead less than a minute into the contest and held this lead heading into the second frame.
- Midway through the second period, St. Lawrence gained a 2-0 advantage. The visitors added a goal with 2:01 remaining to lead 3-0 with 20 minutes left to play.
- First-year forward Cassidy Michalicka netted her first goal in a Union sweater with 5:34 remaining in the final period off assists from junior defenseman Cheyenne Harris and junior forward Rachel de Perio.
- The Dutchwomen made it 3-2 with less than a minute left in regulation when junior forward Katelynn Russ scored off assists from junior defenseman Ava Reynolds and sophomore defenseman Megan Ryan.
- An empty net goal for St. Lawrence with seven seconds left in the third period secured a 4-2 win for the Saints.
- In net, junior goaltender Amelia Murray accounted for 39 saves for Union.
The Dutchwomen return to the ice Saturday, Jan. 12, hosting #6 Clarkson with the puck drop set for 3:00 p.m. (ET).