HAMILTON, N.Y. - The Quinnipiac Bobcats dropped an ECAC matchup against the Colgate Raiders, 5-2, on Friday night. Senior Kate MacKenzie and Randi Marcon scored for the Bobcats in the loss. Freshman Zoe Boyd and senior Kenzie Lancaster both recorded an assist. Junior goalie Abbie Ives tallied 19 saves.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 2, Colgate Raiders 5
Quinnipiac (7-12-3, 6-6-1 ECAC) / Colgate (12-6-3, 6-2-1 ECAC)
Class of 1965 Arena | Hamilton, N.Y.
- (11:09, 1st period PP) – Quinnipiac 0, Colgate 1: Olivia Zafuto scored for the Raiders on a five-versus-three power play to take the lead in the first period.
- (17:12: 1st period PP) –Quinnipiac 0, Colgate 2: Eleri MacKay netted the second Colgate power play goal of the game from Bailey Larson and Shae Labbe.
- (2:21, 2nd period EV) –Quinnipiac 0, Colgate 3: Starting from a Bobcat turnover, Rosalie Demers scored off a rebounded shot from Coralie Larose.
- (11:18, 2nd period EV)– Quinnipiac 0, Colgate 4: After a flurry of shots in front of Abbie Ives, Tanner Gates scored for Colgate to give the home team the 4-0 lead.
- (15:22, 2nd period PP) – Quinnipiac 1, Colgate 4:On a Bobcat power play, freshman Zoe Boyd sent the puck across the top to senior Kenzie Lancaster who let it slide between her legs and over to senior Kate MacKenzie. MacKenzie hit the pass first time and score the Bobcats' first goal of the day.
- (17:36, 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Colgate 4:Senior Randi Marcon recovered a loose puck in the middle of the Bobcats' offensive zone and hit a snipe right past Colgate's Julia Vandyk.
- (19:48, 3rd period 6v5) – Quinnipiac 2, Colgate 5:Coralie Larose scored an empty netter to secure the win for the Raiders.
- Ives recorded 19 saves in the loss. The junior moves to 7-9-3 overall.
- MacKenzie scored her third goal of the season and now was eight points on three goals and five assists.
- Marcon netted her fourth goal of the season. The senior has seven points on four goals and three assists.
- Boyd recorded her seventh assist and Lancaster tallied her 10th helper.
- Quinnipiac notched 36 total shots to Colgate's 24.
The Bobcats will play #4 Cornell on Saturday, Jan. 12 at 3 p.m. at Lynah Rink in Ithaca, N.Y.