CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Senior Melissa Samoskevich led the Bobcats with the lone goal in the 1-0 win over Harvard on Saturday, Jan. 5. Junior netminder Abbie Ives recorded a solid 28 saves in the shutout.
Quinnipiac will return to Hamden with two road wins to start the second half of the season and moves to 6-5-1 in the ECAC. Harvard drops to 3-5-1 in conference play.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 1, Harvard Crimson 0
Quinnipiac (7-11-3, 6-5-1 ECAC) / Harvard (4-8-2, 3-5-1 ECAC)
Bright-Landry Center | Boston, Mass.
- (6:16, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Harvard 0: Senior Randi Marcon snagged the puck behind the Bobcats' own goal and cleared it to senior Kenzie Lancaster on the right side. Lancaster chipped it up to Samoskevich who continued down the right side and found the back of the net across the front of Harvard's netminder, Lindsay Reed.
- Samoskevich recorded her eighth goal of the season and 49th of her career. She needs two more points to reach 100 points for her career.
- Marcon and Lancaster each recorded an assist on Samoskevich's goal. Lancaster has scored or assisted on a goal in all of the Bobcats' last six games. She now has three goals and nine assists for 12 points on the season. Marcon has three goals and three assists for six points this year.
- Ives tallied 28 saves in her fourth shutout of the year.
- The Bobcats recorded 17 blocked shots, while Harvard tallied 13.
- Both teams went 0-1 on the power play.
- Quinnipiac outshot Harvard 33-28.
Quinnipiac will play on the road next weekend against Colgate and Cornell starting on Friday, Jan. 11 at 6 p.m. against the Raiders in Hamilton, N.Y.