HANOVER, N.H. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats opened 2019 with a dominating 5-1 win over the Dartmouth Big Green. Four different Bobcats scored in the win and nine skaters recorded at least one point. Junior netminder Abbie Ives recorded 30 saves in the win.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 5, Dartmouth Big Green 1
Quinnipiac (6-11-3, 5-5-1 ECAC) / Dartmouth (3-11-1, 2-6-0 ECAC)
Thompson Arena | Hanover, N.H.
- (7:24, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 1, Dartmouth 0: Junior Kati Tabin scored her third goal of the year and first of 2019 off a face-off win by freshman Lexie Adzija. Tabin secured the puck on the top left side and hit a slapshot to the right of the net. Dartmouth's Lotti Odnoga blocked Tabin's shot off her back, and the rebound went into the back of the net past the Big Green's netminder, Christine Honor.
- (2:27, 2nd period EV) –Quinnipiac 2, Dartmouth 0: Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout scored on a rebound from a shot by Brooke Bonsteel right on the crease.
- (7:11, 2nd period EV) –Quinnipiac 3, Dartmouth 0: The Bobcats recovered the puck in their defensive zone as Adzija passed the puck back to sophomore Olivia Konigson, who then found senior Melissa Samoskevich breaking out in the neutral zone. The captain took the puck by herself past three Dartmouth defensemen and scored across Honor.
- (17:21, 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 4, Dartmouth 0: Senior Kenzie Lancaster held the puck in the corner in the Bobcats' offensive zone and sent it to Samoskevich in the center above the crease. Samoskevich skated past a Dartmouth defender and found senior Randi Marcon on the left post, who found the back of the net.
- (14:25, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 4, Dartmouth 1: Emily McLaughlin scored the Big Green's only goal with less than six minutes left in the game. McLaughlin shot from the right circle and went top shelf past Abbie Ives.
- (17:58, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 5, Dartmouth 1: Coutu-Godbut scored her second goal of the game off a pass from Bonsteel. Coutu-Godbout found a small hole past Shannon Ropp who was falling down and let the puck slide into the net.
- Abbie Ives recorded 30 saves in the win with 14 coming in the third period, and moves to 6-8-3 on the season.
- Coutu-Godbout netted two goals in the win for her second multi-point game of the season.
- With her two points against the Big Green, Samoskevich now has 97 career points.
- Adzija also tallied two assists and now has six helpers on the season with three goals for nine points on the season.
- Lancaster, Bonsteel, Lundblad and Konigson all recorded assists.
- The Big Green outshot the Bobcats 31-28.
- Quinnipiac went 0-5 on the power play, while Dartmouth went 0-4.
Quinnipiac heads to Boston, Mass., to face Harvard on Saturday, Jan. 5 at 3 p.m.