TROY, N.Y. – The Quinnipiac women's hockey team fell in the final seconds to the RPI Engineers in a heart-breaking 1-0 loss. Abbie Ives recorded 20 saves in the net for the Bobcats. Quinnipiac will head into the holiday break after going 1-1 on the weekend.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 0, RPI Engineers 1
Quinnipiac (5-11-3, 4-5-1 ECAC) / RPI (5-10-4, 4-4-0 ECAC)
Houston Field House | Troy, N.Y.
- (19:59, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 0, RPI 1: The Engineers scored in the final second of the third period to secure the win. Blake Orosz shot from a difficult angle on Abbie Ives' left side from Sabrina Repaci and Delaney Weiss.
- Abbie Ives tallied 20 saves in the loss. The junior netminder moves to 5-8-3 on the season.
- Kenzie Prater recorded three blocks.
- Kati Tabin led the team in shots with eight on goal.
- Quinnipiac outshot RPI 41-21.
- Both teams were perfect on the penalty kill with the Bobcats going 0-3 and the Engineers going 0-3 on the power play.
- The Bobcats won 60% on the faceoffs.
- The Engineers recorded 15 blocks and the Bobcats had 6.
The Bobcats will return to the ice after the holiday break on the road against Dartmouth and Harvard. Quinnipiac will face Dartmouth on Jan. 4 at 6 p.m. in Hanover, N.H.