SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats defeated the Union Dutchwomen, 3-1, on Friday night. Kenzie Prater, Melissa Samoskevich and Kenzie Lancaster scored for Quinnipiac, and Abbie Ives record 16 saves in the win.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 3, Union Dutchwomen 1
Quinnipiac (5-10-3, 4-4-1 ECAC) / Union (2-13-2, 0-6-1 ECAC)
Messa Rink | Schenectady, N.Y.
- (6:59, 1st period PP) – Quinnipiac 1, Union: Junior Kenzie Prater scored early in the first period for the Bobcats on shot from the right point. Junior Kati Tabin and sophomore Brooke Bonsteel recorded assists on the power play goal.
- (14:28, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 2, Union 0: Senior Kenzie Lancaster secured the puck on the left side and skated through the middle to the right side to send a back pass to senior Melissa Samoskevich. Samoskevich scored her sixth goal of the season after a nice toe-drag move and shot past Amelia Murray right in front of the crease.
- (15:01, 2nd period EV) – Quinnipiac 3, Union 0: Kate MacKenzie sent a pass down to the Dutchwomen's defensive zone to Samoskevich who crossed a pass to Lancaster open on the back door.
- (7:42, 3rd period EV) –Quinnipiac 3, Union 1: Arianna Kosakowksi scored for the Dutchwomen right in the crease. Jordi Naidrich and Helen Markovic tallied assists on the goal.
- Abbie Ives recorded 16 saves against the Dutchwomen. She is now 5-7-3 on the season.
- Samoskevich recorded two points in the win with a goal and an assist. She is now five points away from 100 career points.
- Prater scored her second power play goal of the season and now has five points on the season with two goals and three assists.
- Lancaster scored her third goal of the season and now has nine points with six assists.
- MacKenzie recorded an assist in the win and now has five assists on the season.
- Quinnipiac went 1-4 on the power play while Union went 0-3.
- The Bobcats outshot the Dutchwomen, 34-17.
Quinnipiac will play RPI on Saturday, Dec. 8 at the Houston Field House in Troy, N.Y.