HANOVER, N.H. – The Union College women's hockey team fell to ECAC Hockey rival Dartmouth, 4-2, Friday afternoon at the Thompson Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Union got off to a fast start as junior forward Rachel de Perio gave the Dutchwoman a 1-0 edge 37 seconds into the game. This is the earliest goal Union has scored through 15 games this season.
- The Big Green responded with a goal at 15:23 in the first period to tie the score heading into the second frame.
- Five minutes into the second period, Dartmouth took the lead with a short-handed goal, and added another goal three minutes later to gain a 3-1 advantage with 12 minutes to go in the period.
- Shortly after, senior defenseman Arianna Kosakowski netted her third goal of the season to bring Union within a goal at 10:43 in the second period, as Dartmouth held a 3-2 lead heading into the final 20 minutes of play.
- With 5:51 on the clock in the third period, the Big Green took a 4-2 lead they would not relinquish.
- Junior goaltender Kate Spooner recorded 35 saves in her second consecutive start in net for Union.
The Dutchwomen return to the ice Saturday, Dec. 1, traveling to face Harvard in ECAC Hockey action with a 3:00 p.m. puck drop.