PRINCETON, N.J. – A final period surge was not enough for the Quinnipiac women's hockey team as #10 Princeton held on to win an ECAC tilt, 3-2. Abbie Ives recorded 26 saves and Kenzie Lancaster and Brooke Bonsteel scored for the Bobcats.
The Tigers led 3-0 in the third period, but the Bobcats came back within one goal by scoring twice in the final four minutes of play.
Quinnipiac Bobcats 2, #10 Princeton Tigers 3
Quinnipiac (4-9-3, 3-3-1 ECAC) / Princeton (6-2-3, 5-0-1 ECAC)
Hobey Baker Rink | Princeton, N.J.
- (13:29, 1st period EV) – Quinnipiac 0, Princeton 1: Princeton's Maggie Connors got the scoring started in the first with a top-shelf goal on Abbie Ives' right side. Sarah Fillier and Chloe Harvey were credited with the helpers.
- (4:00, 3rd period PP) – Quinnipiac 0, Princeton 2: Claire Thompson netted her first goal of the game on a Princeton power play from Karlie Lund and Fillier.
- (14:16, 3rd period PP) – Quinnipiac 0, Princeton 3: Thompson scored her second power play goal of the night from Fillier and Connors.
- (17:35, 3rd period PP) – Quinnipiac 1, Princeton 3: On the power play, Zoe Boyd found Kate MacKenzieat the point, who hit a slapshot right to Rachel McQuigge in the net. The rebound bounced off McQuigge, and Kenzie Lancaster was there to flick it into the back of the net.
- (18:31, 3rd period 6v5) – Quinnipiac 2, Princeton 3: Brooke Bonsteel netted her second of the season as the Bobcats skated six versus five in the final minute and a half of play. Taylor House and Lexie Adzijarecorded assists on the goal.
- Abbie Ives recorded 26 saves against the Tigers. She is now 4-6-3 on the season.
- Lancaster netted her second goal of the season and now has seven points on two goals and five assists.
- Bonsteel also scored her second goal of the season and has recorded four points on two goals and two assists.
- Lexie Adzija led the Bobcats with six shots.
- MacKenzie and Bonsteel each had two blocks.
- Quinnipiac went 1-4 on the power play while Princeton went 2-3.
The Bobcats will meet the Tigers back in Hamden on Saturday, Dec. 1 at Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena. Puck drop is set for 4 p.m.