HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac women's hockey team fell to the Merrimack Warriors, 2-0, on Tuesday, Nov. 20. Sophomore Allison Small recorded 19 saves in the loss.
Quinnipiac 0, Merrimack 2
Quinnipiac (3-7-3, 3-1-1 ECAC) / Merrimack (10-3-2, 6-3-1 Hockey East)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena at People's United Center | Hamden, Conn.
- (18:54, 2nd period PP) – Quinnipiac 0, Merrimack 1: With just over one minute to play in the second period, Dominika Laskova shot from the top left side and Gabby Jones was able to tip in the rebound to give the Warriors the lead. Jones has scored four goals on the season.
- (11:31, 3rd period EV) – Quinnipiac 0, Merrimack 2:After a faceoff at the beginning of the third period, Jessica Bonfe scored from Paige Sorenson and Emily Volpe.
- Small notched 19 saves in the loss and is now 0-3-0 on the season.
- Melissa Samoskevich led the team with six shots.
- Quinnipiac outshot Merrimack 30-21.
- The Bobcats went 0-1 on the power play, and the Warriors went 1-2. This was the first game since Oct. 12 that Quinnipiac allowed a power play goal.
- Merrimack won 59 percent of the faceoffs and Quinnipiac won 41 percent.
Quinnipiac will play in the Nutmeg Classic starting on Friday, Nov. 23 at 3 p.m. against UConn. All games will be played at Ingalls Rink on Yale's campus.