HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats defeated the Harvard Crimson, 1-0, for the third consecutive win and shutout in ECAC play. Abbie Ives recorded 17 saves in the win, and Kenzie Prater scored her first goal of the season.
Quinnipiac 1, Harvard 0
Quinnipiac (3-4-2, 3-0-0 ECAC) / Harvard (1-3-0, 1-3-0 ECAC)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena at People's United Center | Hamden, Conn.
- (8:38, 3rd period, PP) – Quinnipiac 1, Harvard 0: With the Bobcat's second power play of the night coming to an end, Kenzie Prater secured the puck on the top left side and sent it top shelf over Lindsay Reed's left shoulder. The Bobcats would take a 1-0 lead with under 10 minutes remaining the in the third period.
- Prater scored her first goal of the season on the Bobcat's power play, and now has two points with one goal and one assist. The junior has tallied 11 goals in her career with one power play goal.
- Abbie Ives had a stellar game with 17 saves in her third consecutive shutout. The junior improves to 3-2-2 on the season and 3-0-0 in conference. She has recorded a .939 save percentage and 1.25 GAA. Ives has stopped the last 50 shots against her through three games.
- The last time the Bobcats had three shutouts in a row was during the 2016-17 season when the team beat Maine, UConn and New Hampshire consecutively.
- Kate Mackenzie and Zoe Boyd each tallied an assist in the win.
Quinnipiac will host Dartmouth for the second ECAC game of the weekend at 1 p.m. at Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena in Hamden, Conn.