HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac women's hockey team shutout the Yale Bulldogs, 2-0, on Saturday, Oct. 27. The Bobcats outshot the Bulldogs 42-16 in the win.
Kenzie Lancaster and Kati Tabin both tallied their first goals of the season. Abbie Ives recorded her second shutout in a row and had 16 saves. The junior goaltender is now 2-2-2 on the season.
Quinnipiac 2, Yale 0
Quinnipiac (2-4-2, 2-0-0 ECAC) / Yale (0-2-0, 0-2-0 ECAC)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena at People's United Center | Hamden, Conn.
- (7:48, 1st period) – Quinnipiac 1, Yale 0: Kenzie Lancaster snagged the puck from Quinnipiac's defensive end and took it the full length of the ice to score unassisted.
- (4:24, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 2, Yale 0: Kati Tabi scored her first goal of the season from the point off a slapshot that found its way past Yale's Tera Hofmann. Laura Lundblad and Randi Marcon tallied assists on the goal.
- Lancaster and Tabin scored their first goals of the season.
- The Bobcats recorded 42 shots on goal, which is a season high for the team.
- Ives' 16-save shutout is her second of the season. Ives now has seven shutouts in her career, and she is 2-2-2 on the season with a .931 save percentage and 1.45 GAA.
- Quinnipiac held Yale to just seven shots in the last two periods.
- Randi Marcon and Laura Lundblad each recorded an assist in the win.
The Bobcats will host Harvard and Dartmouth next weekend, Nov. 2-3, at 6 and 3 p.m. at Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena in Hamden, Conn.