HAMDEN, Conn. – Quinnipiac women's ice hockey scored four times on Friday night, cruising past Brown in ECAC Hockey action, 4-0, in the Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena at People's United Center.
Kate MacKenzie, Taylor House, Lexie Adzija and Grace Markey all scored in the win for the Bobcats, and goaltender Abbie Ives made 17 saves to earn her first shutout of the year.
Quinnipiac 4, Brown 0
Quinnipiac (1-4-2, 1-0-0 ECAC) / Brown (3-0-1, 0-1-0 ECAC)
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena at People's United Center | Hamden, Conn.
- (8:53, 1st period) – Quinnipiac 1, Brown 0: The Bobcats got on the board just less than nine minutes into play, as Kate MacKenzie tallied her first goal of the season to give Quinnipiac the lead. Zoe Boyd won a loose puck at the blue line, skated in toward net and found Kate MacKenzie on the doorstep – who one-timed a shot into the net. Melissa Samoskevich also earned an assist on the goal.
- (14:20, 1st period) – Quinnipiac 2, Brown 0: Taylor House gave the Bobcats a two-goal lead less than five minutes later, finding the back of the net for her fourth goal of the season on a pass from Lexie Adzija. House has now scored in two-straight games for the Bobcats. Kati Tabin earned her second assist of the year on the goal, as well.
- (6:24, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 3, Brown 0: Lexie Adzija recorded her second goal of 2018-19 to begin scoring in the second stanza, cleaning up a shot from Anna Kilponen near the crease. Tabin recorded her second helper of the night on the score.
- (15:13, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 4, Brown 0: Quinnipiac's fourth and final score came from Grace Markey. Kenzie Lancaster skated down the ice on a two-on-one, then sent a cross-ice pass to Markey who finished for her first goal of the season.
- Seven Bobcats scored in total, led by Adzija's one goal, one assist performance. Adzija now has two goals and three assists for five career points.
- Ives' 17-save shutout is her first of the season. Ives has four shutouts in the last two years, and now owns a .921 save percentage and a 1.74 goals-against average this year.
- MacKenzie's first-period score was her 11th career goal, as she now has 23 career points.
- House now has eight career goals and 12 career points.
- Markey's goal is the second of her career with the Bobcats. The sophomore now has four career points.
- Quinnipiac outshot Brown 25-17 in the win, scoring four goals for the first time in 2018-19. The last time the Bobcats scored four times in a contest came in February of last season against Brown in Providence.
- The Bobcats won 27 of 48 faceoffs on the night.
- With the win, Quinnipiac has won its first ECAC Hockey contest of the season in four of the last five years.
The Bobcats are back in action on Saturday, squaring off with Yale from Hamden at 3:00 p.m.