BURLINGTON, Vt. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats tied the Vermont Catamonts, 3-3, in the final game of the series. Randi Marcon, Taylor House and Courtney Vorster all lit the lamp for the Bobcats in the tie. House led the Bobcats with a goal and an assist (3-1-4).
Quinnipiac 3 / Vermont 3
Quinnipiac (0-4-2, 0-0-0 ECAC) / Vermont (0-1-2, 0-1-0 Hockey East)
Gutterson Fieldhouse | Burlington, Vt.
- (4:25, 1st period) – Quinnipiac 1, Vermont 0: Randi Marcon opened the scoring with her second goal of the season coming at the beginning of the first period. Marcon took a shot at Vermont's goalie, Blanka Skodova, and Brooke Bonsteel got the rebound and quickly passed the puck to Marcon who hit a first time shot and went bar down to score.
- (5:40, 1st period) – Quinnipiac 1, Vermont 1: Vermont's Olivia Kilberg scored shortly after with a shot from the right side past Abbie Ives.
- (8:54, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 1, Vermont 2: Ali O'Leary scored through the legs of Abbie Ives on the break for the Catamounts to take the lead right before the halfway point of the second period.
- (9:33, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 1, Vermont 3: On the break, Alyssa Gorecki scored off a pass from the right side across the goal from Olivia Kilberg.
- (19:42, 2ndperiod) – Quinnipiac 2, Vermont 3: In the remaining seconds of the second period, Taylor House scored her second goal in two days. Kati Tabin shot from the point as the Quinnipiac power play was expiring, and House was on the right side and able to tap the rebound in.
- (19:28, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 3, Vermont 3: Similar to the goal scored in the second period, the Bobcats tied the game in the final second of the period with a goal from Courtney Vorster off of the faceoff and pushed it to overtime.
- Courtney Vorster scored her first career goal in the third period to tie the game, 3-3, as the Bobcats played a man up in the final seconds.
- Randi Marcon recorded her second goal of the season (2-0-2).
- Taylor House tallied a goal and assist in the tie and leads the Bobcats with three goals and one assist for four points on the season. House recorded at least one point in the two games against the Catamounts.
- Abbie Ives recorded 19 saves.
- The Bobcats recorded a season-high 37 shots on goal and a season-high six assists.
- Quinnipiac was perfect on the penalty kill forcing Vermont to go 0-2 on the power play.
- The Bobcats stand at 0-1-2 on the season when forced into extra time.
Quinnipiac will have the next week off before starting ECAC play at home against Brown and Yale on Oct. 26-27.