BURLINGTON, Vt. – The Quinnipiac Bobcats tied the Vermont Catamonts, 1-1, after overtime on Friday night. Taylor House scored a short-handed goal and her second goal of the season in the first period to give the Bobcats a 1-0 lead.
Quinnipiac 1 / Vermont 1
Quinnipiac (0-4-1, 0-0-0 ECAC) / Vermont (0-1-1, 0-1-0 Hockey East)
Gutterson Fieldhouse | Burlington, Vt.
- (18:43, 1st period) – Quinnipiac 1, Vermont 0: As the Bobcats held the penalty kill, sophomore Taylor House skated with the puck from Vermont's blue line past two of the Catamount defensemen and went bar down to give the Bobcats the 1-0 lead. This is the first short-handed goal of the season for the Bobcats and second in House's career.
- (19:04, 1st period) – Quinnipiac 1, Vermont 1: The Catamounts answered back less than 30 seconds after the Bobcats scored with a power play goal from Eve-Audrey Picard.
- Taylor House scored her second goal of the season (2-0-2) and second short-handed goal of her career in the first period for the Bobcats.
- Abbie Ives was solid in the net with 25 saves.
- Melissa Samoskevich recorded nine shots on goal.
- The faceoffs were fairly even between both teams: Quinnipiac won 48 percent and Vermont won 52 percent.
- The Bobcats stand at 0-1-1 on the season when forced into extra time.
Quinnipiac will play the final game of the series against Vermont on Saturday, Oct. 13 at 2 p.m.