CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Appearing on the ice for the first time since early in the 2017-18 season, senior captain Lexie Laing paced the Crimson offense to a 4-0 win in tonight's exhibition contest with McGill. Kat Hughes and Dominique Petrie also found the back of the net while five other players added assists on the tallies.
Beth Larcom, Becky Dutton and Lindsay Reedcontributed 20 minutes each in net, combining for 34 saves and the shutout. Reed led the trio with 13 saves in the final frame of play.
- Lexie Laing scored two goals, including one shorthanded tally.
- Dominique Petrie and Kyra Willoughby recorded points, Petrie going 1-1-2 while Willoughby went 0-1-1.
- Kaitlin Tse, Emma Buckles, Brooke Jovanovich and Keely Moy also contributed helpers.
- Katie Tresca went 6-for-11 at the faceoff dot while Laing went 16-for-25.
- Lexie Laing led the team with seven shots.
- Beth Larcom, Becky Dutton and Lindsay Reed combined efforts for 34 saves and the shutout.
- McGill outshot the Crimson 34-31.
- Harvard went 1-for-4 on the man advantage and killed all seven power play opportunities for McGill.
The Crimson is set to open the regular season at home next Friday, October 19 against Dartmouth. Puck drop is set for 6 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on ESPN+.