HAMDEN, Conn. – Quinnipiac took home its first conference win of the season on Saturday, taking down Harvard 2-1 on the Bobcats home ice. Taylor House got the Bobcats on the board early in the second period, scoring her first career goal off a deflected shot by Kati Tabin. Kate MacKenzie scored the Bobcats game-winning goal at the end of the second period sending a shot past the glove of Harvard goalie Beth Larcom.
Quinnipiac 2 / Harvard 1 LOCATION TD Bank Sports Center / Hamden, Conn.
Quinnipiac (5-4-0, 1-1-0 ECAC) / Harvard (2-1-0, 2-1-0 ECAC)
17:26 2nd period (QU 2-0): Kate MacKenzie doubled the Bobcats lead roofing a shot from the zone over Harvard goalie Beth Larcom's glove.
16:48 3rd period (QU 2-1): Harvard's Becca Gilmore sniped a shot from between the circles past Quinnipiac goalie Abbie Ives to cut the Bobcats lead in half.
· Quinnipiac finished the game with 31 shots on net, 8 of which came on the power play.
· Freshman Taylor House (Joliet, Illinois) scored her first career goal with her tip-in shot in the second period.
· On top of her goal in the second period, sophomore defenseman Kate MacKenzie (Winnipeg, Manitoba) had a team-high five shots in the game.
· Junior captain Melissa Samoskevich (Sandy Hook, Connecticut) assisted on both Bobcat goals in the game. She now holds the team lead in assists with four.
· Sophomore goaltender Abbie Ives (Bedford Hills, New York) saved 15 of the 16 she faced throughout the game.
· Sophomore Kati Tabin (Winnipeg, Manitoba) tallied her third assist of the season.
· The 16 shots the Bobcats allowed is a season low, along with Friday's 1-0 loss to Dartmouth and in a 4-1 victory against Vermont.
· Today's victory is Quinnipiac's first win in ECAC play this season.
· With today's win, the Bobcats are now 4-1 at the TD Bank Sports Center this season.
· Quinnipiac has now scored 8 power play goals on the season.
Quinnipiac hits the road next week for two ECAC matchups against Cornell and Colgate. The puck will drop at 6 p.m. on Friday on the Big Red's home ice and at 3 p.m. on Saturday against the Raiders.