HAMDEN, Connecticut – The Quinnipiac women's ice hockey team fell to the Dartmouth Big Green, 1-0, in the team's first loss at home this season.
Dartmouth 1 / Quinnipiac 0
TD Bank Sports Center / Hamden, Connecticut
Dartmouth (1-2-0, 1-1-0 ECAC) / Quinnipiac (4-4-0, 0-1-0 ECAC)
- 14:52 1st Period (Dartmouth 1-0): On the power play, Dartmouth forward Alyssa Baker got the puck off a rebound from the boards to put it past Abbie Ives.
- Quinnipiac recorded 25 shots on goal by the end of the second period, a season high. The previous high for shots on goal in a period came in the first period of the game (17).
- The Bobcats tallied 61 shots on goal today, just ten short of the program's all-time record of 71 against Sacred Heart in 2004.
- Quinnipiac tied a season low in shots allowed with 16 shots allowed tonight, as well as against Vermont in a 4-1 victory.
- With 61 saves on the day, Dartmouth goalie Christie Honor broke the NCAA women's record for most saves in a 1-0 shutout.
- This is the first time at home this season that the Bobcats have not scored first.
- Today's defeat is Quinnipiac's first home loss of the year. It's also the team's first shutout loss of the year, the last time coming against Princeton of January 31 last season.
The Bobcats will look to rebound from the loss when they return to the ice to face Harvard tomorrow at 3:00 PM.