HAMDEN, Connecticut – The Quinnipiac women's ice hockey team defeated Princeton University in the second game of a home-and-home series by a score of 3-1. Kenzie Lancaster (Waxhaw, North Carolina) tallied the team's first goal of the game just three minutes in, while Taylor House (Joliet, Illinois) added the game-winner in the second. Freshman Brooke Bonsteel (Mississauga, Ontario) added her third goal in her last four games.
Quinnipiac 3 / Princeton 1
Frank Perrotti Jr. Arena – Hamden, CT
Qunnipiac (11-8-2, 7-5-0 ECAC) / Princeton (4-7-1, 4-9-3 ECAC)
· 2:55 1st Period (QU 1-0): After putting pressure around the net for the first few minutes, Kenzie Lancasterwas able to net the rebound from Melissa Samoskevich's stick to put the Bobcats up 1-0.
· 3:57 2nd Period (1-1): Princeton netted the puck past Abbie Ives in the top left corner of the net to even the score.
· 8:27 2nd Period (QU 2-1): Kenzie Prater came up the right side with the shot and Taylor House put home the rebound for the shorthanded goal.
· 4:44 3rd Period (QU 3-1) On the power play, Kenzie Prater dished the puck out to Brooke Bonsteel who put home the Bobcats third goal of the game.
- Junior Kenzie Lancaster tallied her fifth goal of the season. She remains the team leader in points (15).
- Freshman Taylor House scored her third goal of the season on the team's first shorthanded score of the year.
- On the power play, freshman Brooke Bonsteel tallied her seventh goal of the season, good enough for second best on the team. She now has three goals in her last four games.
- Sophomore Kenzie Prater (Hudson, Wisconsin) tallied her first two assists of the year and now has five points on the season.
- Junior Melissa Samoskevich (Sandy Hook, Connecticut) added an assist on Lancaster's goal. She now has five assists on the year and is second in points
- Sophomore Kati Tabin (Winnepg, Manitoba) picked up her seventh assist of the season on Lancaster's goal, good for second best on the team.
- Sophomore Abbie Ives (Bedford Hills, New York) finished the game with 27 saves. She grabbed her 10th win of the season.
- Samoskevich finished the game as the team leader in shots (6).
- Quinnipiac improves to 6-2-2 in its last 10 games and improves to 7-1 at home this season.
- With the win, the team is now 7-5 in conference play.
- The team was 2-for-2 on the penalty kill, improving its season percentage to 50-for-56 (89.3%).
Heading into winter break, the Bobcats won't return to the ice until December 28 when they face Team Korea at home in an exhibition game. Puck drop is scheduled for 3 PM.