Princeton, New Jersey – The Quinnipiac women's ice hockey team was defeated on Friday night by the Tigers of Princeton University, 3-0. Princeton netted three goals in the third period, including an empty-netter to defeat the Bobcats.
Princeton 3 / Quinnipiac 0
Hobey Baker Rink / Princeton, New Jersey
Quinnipiac (10-8-2, 6-5-0 ECAC) / Princeton (4-6-1, 4-8-3 ECAC)
- 7:38 3rd Period (PRIN 1-0): Keiko DeClerck found the glove-side top corner from a shot just outside the left circle.
- 17:51 3rd Period (PRIN 2-0): Claire Thompson took a shot from just inside the blue line that was blocked, but found its way to the back of the net after going airborne.
- 18:52 3rd Period (PRIN 3-0): Claire Thompson scored an empty-netter from the right circle in the Princeton defensive zone.
- Junior Kenzie Lancaster (Waxhaw, North Carolina) paced the Bobcats with four shots on goal.
- Junior Anna Kilponen (Orivesi, Finland) led the Bobcats with four blocked shots.
- Sophomore Abbie Ives (Bedford Hills, New York) made 18 saves in the game.
- Quinnipiac's penalty kill now sits at 88.9% (48-for-54).
The Bobcats return home to the Frank Perrotti, Jr. Arena for the first time since November 11 to conclude their home-and-home series with the Tigers. The game will be streamed at http://quinnipiacbobcats.com/watch/?Live=474&type=Live?. Puck drop is set for 3 PM.