Cambridge, Massachusetts – Freshman Brooke Bonsteel netted both goals for the Quinnipiac women's ice hockey team on Friday night as the Bobcats defeated the Crimson of Harvard University, 2-1. The game-winner came just 1:41 into the third period, just 27 seconds after Harvard had tied the game up.
Quinnipiac 2 / Harvard 1
Bright-Landry Hockey Center / Cambridge, Massachusetts
Quinnipiac (9-7-2, 5-4-0 ECAC) / Harvard (5-3-1, 3-2-1 ECAC)
- 17:15 2nd Period (QU 1-0): Brooke Bonsteel redirected a Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout shot from right in front of the net.
- 1:14 3rd Period (Tied 1-1): After a breakout pass, Kat Hughes went down the middle of the ice and found the back of the net through the five hole.
- 1:41 2nd Period (QU 2-1): Brooke Bonsteel tapped in the puck from the left post after Laura Lundbladwrapped around the net after a pass from Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout.
- Freshman Brooke Bonsteel (Mississauga, Ontario) scored two goals, bringing her season total to six.
- This was Bonsteel's second multi-goal game of the season, her first came against Vermont on October 13. This was also the first time Bonsteel scored since the Bobcats played Boston College on October 17.
- Sophomore Sarah-Eve Coutu-Godbout (Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec) picked up two assists. This was her second multi-point game in three outings.
- Coutu-Godbout is now alone in third place for the team lead in points.
- Sophomore Abbie Ives (Bedford Hills, New York) made 23 saves on the night and picked up her eighth win of the season.
- Freshman Laura Lundblad (Ada, Michigan) recorded her third assist of the season.
- The Bobcats have now won five of their last six meetings against the Crimson. The other game during that time period resulted in a 2-2 tie.
- Quinnipiac is now 7-1-1 on the year whenever they score first.
- Head Coach Cassandra Turner has still never been defeated by Harvard University. She owns a 5-0-1 record against the Crimson. The all-time series against Harvard is now 7-18-3.
- The Bobcats are 4-1-2 over their last seven game stretch.
The Bobcats finish up their road trip tomorrow afternoon as they travel to Hanover, New Hampshire to take on the Dartmouth College Big Green. Puck drops at 3 PM.