SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – After jumping out to a 2-0 lead, the Union College men's hockey team lost a tough battle to St. Lawrence on Saturday night, as the Saints prevailed 3-2 in overtime at Messa Rink.
The Dutchmen fall to 2-10-0 (1-3-0 ECAC Hockey) on the season, while St. Lawrence moves to 3-6-1 (1-1-0 ECAC Hockey).
- Both Texas natives scored for Union. Owen Farris recorded his first career goal at the 10:04 mark of the first period, while Brandon Estes picked up his first of the season at the 3:57 mark of the second period.
- Estes finished the night with two points, as he assisted on Farris' goal to open the scoring.
- The forward line of Zachary Emelifeonwu, Josh Kosack and Farris continues to be a spearhead for the Union offense, as the line finished with a +1 plus/minus rating despite the loss.
- Union dominated the first half of the contest, and out-shot the Saints 22-12 through the first two periods. However, St. Lawrence out-shot Union, 10-7, in the third period and 1-0 in overtime.
- Junior netminder Darion Hanson made 20 saves, while Emil Zetterquist made 27 saves for the Saints.
Up Next for the Dutchmen
Union heads to Quinnipiac and Princeton next weekend, Nov. 15-16, to continue conference action.