Senior forward Zachary Emelifeonwu scored a career-best two goals to help lift Union to a 2-1 win over cross-town rivals Rensselaer on Saturday night at the Houston Field House.
The win is the first for the Dutchmen, snapping a seven-game losing skid to start the year. Union is now 1-1-0 in ECAC Hockey play and RPI is now 3-3-0 on the season and 1-1-0 as well in conference action.
- Emelifeonwu's goals were the first points of the season for the senior.
- The forward line of Emelifeonwu, Josh Kosack and Owen Farris combined for five of the six points in the contest.
- Darion Hanson made 25 saves in net and the RPI goal came during the Engineers' final power play of the game.
- Union out-shot RPI 27-26, including a 10-5 margin in the third.
- RPI blocked a total of 20 shots in the contest, including 11 in the second period alone.