AMHERST, Mass. -- The Union College men's hockey team fell victim to No. 4/5 Massachusetts by a score of 6-1 on Friday night at the Mullins Center.
The Dutchmen fall to 0-5-0 to start the season, while the Minutemen improve to 2-1-0, earning a win after losing to Northeastern earlier in the week.
- Sophomore forward Sam Morton scored his second goal of the season to get Union on the board in the second period.
- The Minutemen out-shot Union, 47-17, in the contest, including 22-2 in the third period alone.
- Darion Hanson tied his career high for saves with 39 in the contest.
- First year Merek Pipes made his collegiate debut for the Dutchmen, making two saves in less than four minutes of work.
- Union was 0-for-5 on the power play, while the Minutemen scored once on three power-play chances.
Up Next for the Dutchmen
Union finishes off the weekend series with No. 4/5 Massachusetts tomorrow back at the Mullins Center. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. (ET) and fans can watch the game on CBS All-Access.