In similar fashion to the night before, Union College scored first but ended up losing 2-1 to No. 15 Northeastern on Saturday evening at Messa Rink.
The Dutchmen drop to 0-4-0 on the season, while the Huskies improve to 2-0-0. Despite the four losses, the Union student-athletes and coaches remain positive. Union started the 2017-18 season with an 0-5-0 record but went on to win 21 games and finish second overall in the ECAC Hockey standings with a conference record of 16-5-1.
- Sam Morton scored his first goal of the season, banging home a loose puck in front of the net early in the third period.
- Anthony Rinaldi and Vas Kolias received assists on the goal. It was Rinaldi's second point of the season, and the first for Kolias.
- So far this season 14 skaters have now recorded points for the Dutchmen, which includes seven of the nine first-year skaters.
- Both teams were perfect on the penalty kill, as Union killed off five penalties and Northeastern killed off four.
- For the first time this season, Union out-shot an opponent in the third period, out-shooting the Huskies 10-8.
- Darion Hanson made 22 saves in net for the Dutchmen, while Craig Pantano made 20 stops for the Huskies.
Up Next for the Dutchmen
Union hits the road next weekend, Oct. 18-19, for a two-game series against Massachusetts. Both games in Amherst are set for 7 p.m. (ET) start times.