SCHENECTADY, N.Y. -- The Union College men's hockey team scored to take a 1-0 lead over No. 15 Northeastern early in the first period, but the Huskies battled back to claim a 2-1 win over the Dutchmen on Friday night at Messa Rink.
- First-year forward Liam Robertson scored his first collegiate goal, scoring unassisted off a Northeastern turnover in the first period.
- Robertson and his linemates, Christian Sanda and Colin Schmidt finished the night with a +1 plus/minus rating.
- The Dutchmen out-shot the Huskies 15-14 through the first two periods. However, Northeastern out-shot union 16-4 in the third period.
- Both teams went scoreless on the power play, with each side have three opportunities apiece.
- Junior netminder Darion Hanson made 28 saves in the contest, while NU goaltender Craig Pantano made 18 saves.
- Northeastern now owns a 4-3-1 advantage in the all-time series against Union.
Up Next for the Dutchmen
Union and Northeastern finish off the weekend series tomorrow afternoon, Oct. 12, at 4 p.m. (ET).