Despite holding a 2-1 lead in the second period, the Union College men's hockey team lost, 3-2, to Army West Point on Sunday evening at Tate Rink. Union drops to 0-2-0 after the opening weekend, while the Black Knights begin their season 1-0-0.
- Sean Harrison scored his second goal of the weekend, scoring on the power play to get Union on the board in the second period.
- Christian Sanda scored his first collegiate goal in the contest, scoring a shorthanded breakaway goal to give Union a 2-1 lead in the second.
- First years Colin Schmidt and Gabriel Seger also recorded their first collegiate points in the contest, registering assists on Harrison's power-play goal.
- The Black Knights scored twice on the power play, including the game-winner in the third period.
- Junior netminder Darion Hanson made 25 saves in the contest, while Army goaltender Trevin Kozlowski made 20 on the other side of the ice.
Up Next for the Dutchmen
Union returns home for a weekend series against Northeastern on Oct. 11-12. Friday's game will begin at 7 p.m. (ET), while Saturday's contest is slated for a 4 p.m. start.