HAMDEN, Conn. – Scott Davidson (Trail, British Columbia) tallied three points Saturday night and five different Quinnipiac men's ice hockey players scored as the Bobcats defeated the Prince Edward Island Panthers, 5-2, in an exhibition game at the Frank Perrotti, Jr. Arena.
Desi Burgart (North Vancouver, British Columbia) and Odeen Tufto (Chaska, Minnesota) each tallied a pair of assists to join Davidson with multi-point performances.
Quinnipiac 5, Prince Edward Island 2
Frank Perrotti, Jr. Arena | Hamden, Conn.
- (7:55, 1st period) – Quinnipiac 0, UPEI 1): Filip Rydstrom put home the game's first goal of the
- (14:30, 1st period – Quinnipiac 1, UPEI 1): Nick Jermain (Norwalk, Connecticut) evened up the score with 5:30 left in the first period as he received a pass from Davidson and finished with a diving shot on top of the crease
- (0:59, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 2, UPEI 1): Brandon Fortunato (North Hills, N.Y.) put the Bobcats ahead early in the second period as he one-timed home a pass in the slot from Tufto behind the net
- (12:03, 2nd period) – Quinnipiac 3, UPEI 1): Right after a Quinnipiac penalty kill, Alex Whelan (Ramsey, New Jersey) received a tip pass from Davidson and rifled home a rocket at the left faceoff dot to double the Bobcats lead
- (1:36, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 4, UPEI 1): Craig Martin (Trail, British Columbia) got into the scoring action Saturday night with a blast from the right win on the power-play to beat Prince Edward Island goaltender Matthew Mancina on the weak side
- (3:51, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 4, UPEI 2): Chad Labelle brought the Panthers back within two as he put home a rebound off Kameron Kielly's shot on the breakaway.
- (10:33, 3rd period) – Quinnipiac 5, UPEI 2): Davidson netted a goal of his own midway through the third period for his third point of the night as Burgart started a breakaway with a between the legs pass to Chase Priskie (Pembroke Pines, Florida) who found Davidson on the back door with a backhanded centering feed
- Five different Bobcats scored goals and 10 different players registered a point
- Sophomore goaltender Keith Petruzzelli (Wilbraham, Massachusetts) tallied six saves as he made the start in Saturday's exhibition game
- Junior Andrew Shortridge (Anchorage, Alaska) made nine saves as he came in midway through the second period
- Davidson led all scorers with three points as he netted a goal and added two assists
- Martin blasted home Quinnipiac's lone power-play goal on the evening with a blast from the right wing
- 10 of Quinnipiac's 12 freshmen played in Saturday's exhibition game
- Quinnipiac officially kicks off the 2018-19 season next Saturday when the Bobcats travel to Burlington, Vermont, to face the Vermont Catamounts at Gutterson Fieldhouse at 7 p.m.