POTSDAM, N.Y. – No. 15/18 Harvard men's ice hockey (14-8-3, 10-6-2 ECAC Hockey) saw its six-game league winning streak snapped in a 5-3 loss at No. 10/11 Clarkson (20-10-0, 11-7-0 ECAC Hockey).
Sophomore defenseman Reilly Walsh, junior forward Frederic Gegoire, and senior captain Michael Floodstrand scored for Harvard.
Senior goaltender Michael Lackey made 13 saves in split time with junior Cameron Gornet, who stopped eight shots.
Harvard got off to a quick start, scoring two goals in the opening 10 minutes of play to hold an early 2-1 lead on the Golden Knights.
Walsh scored in the opening minute off a faceoff win by Jack Drury, creating space with a great move and firing a low shot past Clarkson goaltender Jake Kielly at :39.
Then Gregoire redirected a long shot from Floodstrand on net, and the puck trickled past Kielly at 7:14 to make it 2-1.
A wild second period with five penalties and an injury to Lackey saw Clarkson emerge with a 4-3 lead. The Golden Knights scored on an early period power play, with Josh Dunne tying the game.
Then Devin Brosseau scored at 13:47 to give Clarkson its first lead of the night.
Floodstrand tied the game at 3-3 after his pass deflected off the stick of a Clarkson defender at 14:11. Then, after a collision in front of the net, Lackey left the game at 14:44 in favor of Gornet. Haralds Egle gave Clarkson the lead for good at 19:08 of the middle frame.
Harvard had its fair share of chances in the final period of play, outshooting Clarkson 11-6, but the home team held on for the win.
- Sophomore defenseman Reilly Walsh (goal) extended his point streak to five games.
- Senior forward Michael Floodstrand (goal, assist), recorded his third multiple-point game of the season.
- Junior defenseman Adam Fox (assist), has points in four straight games and leads the team with 34 points (eight goals, 26 assists) on the year.
- Harvard's loss snapped a six game winning streak in ECAC Hockey play.
- Harvard outshot Clarkson 33-26 on the night.